Together with our partners at Lutra Consulting and Hobu, we have once again have collated your feature requests for even MORE point cloud and QGIS elevation improvements and are ready to start working on them!
Here’s a taster of what to expect if our latest crowd funding campaign is successful:
- Point cloud data management, transformation and analysis via incorporation of PDAL within the QGIS “Processing” toolbox
- Optimised handling of large datasets to speed up your 3D maps, including dynamic data loading for complex 3D scenes
- Combine multiple LAS/LAZ point cloud files into a single “virtual” point cloud for easy data management and display
- Elevation profile tool embedded into print layouts, totally customizable, more efficient and with the ability to export profile data to CSV and DXF
- General improvements to QGIS 3D map views, including an enhanced 3D measuring tool, additional camera controls and improving the configuration dialog options and functionality.
To find out more, check out the ‘Detailed proposal and deliverables’ section on the main crowd funding page. You may want to get some popcorn ready, it really is exciting!
We need your help to make this work possible. If you’d like to see these enhancements, pledge to the crowdfunding campaign before October 24, 2022.